Double Bladed Knife.
A double bladed knife with a wooden handle. The blades are bill hooked, facing away from each other. Alldridge provides no comment on the significance of the double blade, though this example resembles knives carried by Gbendekolo funeral dancers among the Limba and Kuranko.
- Type: Weapons, armour, Religious/ritual equipment, charms
- Object: Double Bladed Knife.
- Materials: Metal, Wood
- Culture Group: Mende, Limba, Kuranko
- Dimensions: 295mm [L] x 155 mm x 43 mm
- Production Date: Pre 1899
- Associated Places: Unknown
- Associated People: Thomas Joshua Alldridge (Collector)
- Museum: Brighton Museum and Art Gallery
- Accession Number: BMAG:WA509586