Leg or arm rattles worn by dances and other public performers. They are made from a flat oval piece of iron that is bent over to form a rattle. There is a loop at each end, with two additional loops attached to it that rattle when the wearer moves. These are attached to a leather thong, so that they can be tied to the body.
- Type: Body adornment, jewellery, Costume, dress
- Object: Rattle
- Materials: Metal, Leather, animal skin
- Culture Group: Mende, Kisi
- Dimensions: Unknown
- Production Date: Pre 1960
- Associated Places: Unknown
- Associated People: Guy Massie-Taylor (Collector)
- Museum: Glasgow Museums
- Accession Number: GLAMG:A.1985.13.ir.
Costume, dress, Masks, headdresses