An elaborately carved wooden staff. The staff shaft is decorated by a snake coiled around it, carved in high relief. A small female figure is depicted sitting on the top end of the staff, with detailed painted in white.
- Type: Regalia
- Object: Wooden Staff
- Materials: Wood
- Culture Group: Mende, Sherbro
- Dimensions: 914mm [H]
- Production Date: Pre 1991
- Associated Places: Dr. William Hart, Scotland. Lectures at University of Ulster, Ireland.
- Associated People: Dr. William Hart, Scotland. Lectures at University of Ulster, Ireland. (Donor)
- Museum: Sierra Leone National Museum
- Accession Number: SLNM.1991.03.04
Regalia, Tools, implements